Friday, February 24, 2012

Storms: "Dreams"- Chaser or Chased



Do you ever wonder what your dreams mean? I know I do. I believe that our dreams are our minds way of sorting through life's daily events. I also believe that dreams may be the foreshawdowing of things to come. There is one ocurring dream that always has me wondering its purpose.

In this dream, I am being chased. I could be chased by someone, something, or that faceless being that I believe represents my problem or issue. I hate those dreams. Why? Well, because I am never unable to outrun them. It seems that the faster I run, the faster that "chaser" gets to me. I can never turn around to look it in the face, so I am often not clear as to who or what the "chaser" is. I hate those dreams because I don't ever accomplish anything. I just run and run. Eventually, I awake and I do not have anything to show for it. What a bummer!

Now, there are dreams that I do love. The dreams that allow me to "chase" them. The dream that I had as a little girl of attending a HBCU college. I was the dream "chaser". I attended and graduated from college, Norfolk State University, where I majored in Biology/Education. I dreamed about joining a sorority. Not just any sorority, but a sorority that fit who I was as a person. Sigma Gamma Rho Sorority, Incorporated was the path that I took. I was a dream "chaser". I dreamed about having a career in education. I dreamed of helping to shape minds. In April of 2002-2003, I was Teacher of the Year for Waters Middle School. I was a dream "chaser". I always dreamed of continuing my education, so I attended Old Dominion University and obtained a Masters in Educational Leadership. I was a dream "chaser". I dreamed of becoming an administrator. I did. I was a dream "chaser". As a child, my ultimate dream was to become a doctor. I thought that "doctor" meant that I had to work in the field of medicine. I found out later that healing the sick and healing minds were one in the same. In June of 2011, I graduated from Nova Southeastern University with a Doctorate in Instructional Leadership. I was a dream "chaser". Now, as I continue to dream, I reflect on my next dream to chase. I dream of becoming a Best-Selling, Self-Published Author. As I look back on all of the other dreams that "I" have "chased", I know that I will capture this dream because "I AM A DREAM CHASER!"

No comments:

Post a Comment