Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Storms: Bad Kids or Bad Parents


I am going to side step my normal association to my book tonight. Forgive me for this. However, I work in a field where there has been an evolution that we may not be aware has occurred. Well, children have evolved. Yes. Perfect example: Me: Thank you for bringing your child back to school from suspension today. Parent: Well, I talked to her and let her know that I am tired of coming up to this school. Me: Well, I don't understand the purpose of her bringing this "object" to school in the first place. The parent starts going off on the student once I showed her the "object". Student: Ma didn't I TELL you that we would talk about this when we get home! Parent: Continues fussing Student: I said we will talk about it at home.

Oh, boy! Me: Mom, See, that is the problem right there "she" thinks "she" is the parent!

Okay, was I out of line for telling the parent that? In my day, my mom or granny would have knocked my teeth out of my mouth and then made me pick them back up and put them back in my mouth. Then, they would have said, "And you betta put them back in right, too!"

Bad kids or Bad parents??? That is the questions!

No comments:

Post a Comment