Friday, March 2, 2012

Storms: Under the Bus!



Why do people try to bring others down when they realize that the s*** is about to hit the fan? In other words, they 'throw you under the bus'. You often work hard only to find that people are secretly plotting against you. When I was young in my profession, I had a principal tell me that there are always people in your organization that will try to sabotage your efforts. I was naive. I didn't think that people would purposely do negative things to hurt their organization. Now that I have been around long enough to realize the wisdom in her words, I look at the people who drive these buses and wonder if there is something in their life that they are lacking. Is it love? Is it security? Is it friendship? Is it self-confidence? Is it self-motivation? Are they jealous? Envious? Starving for attention? Evil? Are they sociopaths? Well, if one or all of the above apply to them, then they are in need of serious therapy.

Well, here is my theory. When people feel that they have to sabotage your efforts, they unconsciously enter into the realm of 'self-sabotage'! This is when someone thinks they are hurting you, but they end up hurting themselves instead. You know how it works; they start throwing rocks, but are living in a glass house. Self-Sabotage! You know, I am rubber you are glue, whatever you say or do will bounce off of me and STICK to YOU! Hey, this is a classic example of what happens to the 'self-sabotager'.

Keep your eyes open for those people who are willing to 'throw you under the bus' for their own personal gain. You can't get rid of those tire tracks once they are on your back because they follow you everywhere you go.

I am going to leave you with this final, yet pRHOfound comment. IF YOU DON'T WANT TO GET THROWN UNDER THE BUS, THEN DAMMIT, YOU BETTER BE DRIVING IT!

~~Ni'Kay

No comments:

Post a Comment