Monday, March 5, 2012

Storms: A Mustard Seed


Well, today, I made a decision that requires me to reflect on the parable that is referenced not once, but twice in the bible. Once mentioned in Matthew 17: 19-20, "Then the disciples came to Jesus privately and said, 'Why could we not cast it out?' He said to them, 'Because of your little faith. For truly I tell you, if you have faith the size of a mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there,' and it will move; and nothing will be impossible for you."

I was told that I was crazy for deciding to leave my position. To some, it is a position of status and many work for years trying to get there. This is true. However, 1 Corinthians 7:17 says that each person should live as a believer in whatever situation the Lord has assigned to them, just as God has called them. Everyone interprets the bible in his or her own way; however, I say no matter what you do in life, no matter the path that God has chosen for you, then you must believe that God will see you through and will not let you fail.

I am stepping out on faith. I am living as a believer in the Lord in whatever the position that he may assign me too. I thank God in advance for the blessings that his has bestowed upon me and will continue to bestow upon me. Why is it that I can thank him in advance? Because God says to the apostles in Luke 17:5-6, "If you had faith the size of a mustard seed, you could say to this mulberry tree, 'Be uprooted and planted in the sea,' and it would obey you."

Where do you keep your mustard seeds? I sow mines in my heart! In turn, it reaps a great plant-->

No comments:

Post a Comment